Our Services - Earth Engineering + Testing
Omni-McCann Geoscience provides a complement of geotechnical and civil engineering services, which are supported by our hydrogeological, materials engineering (soils, aggregates, concrete, asphalt) and construction inspection (QA/QC) capabilities.
We have the knowledge, techniques and experience to supply practical and economical solutions to complex terrain, soil and/or hydrogeotechnical issues.
Our professionals have been involved with a wide range of projects including…
- Foundation design
- Terrain analysis/air photo interpretation
- Site investigation
- Earthworks design
- Aggregate/industrial mineral surveys and management planning
- Pavement design and evaluation
- Seepage analysis and control
- Erosion control
Our materials testing laboratory is fully equipped to conduct routine analyses of fresh and hardened concrete, asphalt, soils and aggregates according to CSA, ASTM and AASHTO methods.
Our specialized materials testing equipment and capabilities include:
- Digital compression testing with a load capacity of 2,000 kN (4,000 lbs.)
- Graphical recording of flow and stability characteristics of bitumous concrete specimens
- Automated Marshall asphalt compaction
- Temperature and humidity controlled concrete curing
- Nuclear density gauges
- Heavy duty electric coring machines with asphalt and concrete capabilities